Chat with the_glassmaster

Post a reply || Back to Chat with the_glassmaster

Re: Terminology question

Delete this post Submitted by glasshamster on 2:52 pm, Sun. 29-Mar-2015 in reply to Terminology question posted by Egeaux on 11:11 am, Sun. 29-Mar-2015


When the rim of a glass contacts a hard-edged object, it often bruises. A bruise is a scallop-shaped internal fracture radiating from the contact point down into the wall of the glass. It looks opaque when photographed against a black background. Bruises are typically about 1/4" or so wide, but can be larger. If a section subsequently flakes off, the rim is considered chipped.

Replies to this post

Reply to this post


E-mail (optional):



Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text

Insert smileys (Opens a new window)
Disable smileys

Powered by Free PHP message board 1.3 from PHPJunkYard - Free PHP scripts