Chat with the_glassmaster
Post a reply ||
Back to Chat with the_glassmaster
1904 World's Fair Awards
Submitted by Mark on 5:50 pm, Wed. 23-Aug-2017
I have been intrigued with the number of distillers claiming awards from the 1904 World's Fair (aka: The Louisiana Purchase Exhibition). By my own data base I have 5 distillers/brands claiming awards.
1. Jack Daniels Distilling Co., TN = "Grand Prize".
2. Green Mountain Distilling Co., MO = "Grand Prize over all Competitors" and "Medal of Excellence".
3. Mountain Distilling Co. 'Grandpa/Grandpa Rye', OH = "Awarded Medal World's Fair 1904".
4. Sunny Brook Distilling Co., IL = "Grand Prize" & "Gold Medal World's Fair 1904".
5. Martin Wilkes Heron 'Southern Comfort', LA = "Gold Medal".
My research into the 1904 Fair could not find a listing of award winners (there were over 800 award categories in Agriculture alone). They judged and awarded wines, beers, and distilled spirits as grain product categories in the "Agricultural Palace" of the Fair.
My question is, are there more awarded distillers from the 1904 World's Fair? Were there really multiple "Grand Prize" winners (Jack and Sunny both claim), as marketing seems to indicate? What "Medal Awards" did Mountain Distilling receive for "Grandpa Rye"?
Any information or direction appreciated.
Replies to this post
Reply to this post
Powered by Free PHP message board 1.3 from PHPJunkYard - Free PHP scripts