distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home


The Linfield Distillery
RD #65, 1 st District
Montgomery County, PA

(Est. ca. 1891)


The distillery was built by Jacob G. Kinsey, who was a native of Lower Salford, PA. (born March 13, 1858). After completing his education, he was in the employ of a creamery until 1887, then branched out on his own. He operated three creameries until 1891, then sold out and moved to Limerick in Montgomery county.

Kinsey erected his distillery in nearby Linfield on the Schuylkill River sometime soon after moving. It included a warehouse capable of containing 2,000 barrels, later increasing this capacity to 20,000 barrels. A report on the distillery's operations published in 1904 (Biographical Annals of Montgomery Co., Pennsylvania, edited by Ellwood Roberts) noted that it was running about eight months per year and employed six to ten men.

By 1905, the plant is believed to be under the control of the Angelo Myers Distilling Co., prominent wholesalers from Philadelphia, PA. The distillery remained operational under their name until Prohibition.

Aliases that this distillery's product was sold under
Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery



The Linfield Distillery provided product that was sold under the following aliases:

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Linfield Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2020 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.