distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home


The Head & Beam Distillery
RD #405, 5 th District
Nelson County, KY



1872: The distillery was being run by Francis M Head and Orene Parker. It was located on Pottinger Creek.

1883: M C Beam takes over Parker's interest and the distillery now operates as Head & Beam.

1892: Insurance underwriter records suggest that the distillery was of frame construction. The property included thee warehouses:
Warehouse A -- iron-clad with a metal or slate roof and located 130 ft east of the still.
Warehouse B -- iron-clad with a metal or slate roof and located 130 ft east of the still: A and B stood 8 ft apart.
Warehouse D -- a Free warehouse, iron-clad with a metal or slate roof and located 100 ft east of the still.
There was also a cattle shed 150 ft west of the still-house.

At that time, it was being operated by Head & Beam but doing business as at least three other firms (see below).

1900: Head sells out to Beam around this time and it now operates as M C Beam & Co.

1910: Taylor & Williams acquire the plant and it becomes a part of the Yellowstone operation.

Aliases that this distillery's product was sold under
Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery

The Head & Beam Distillery provided product that was sold under the following aliases:

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Head & Beam Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2021 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.