distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home


The Rossville Distillery
RD #7, 6 th District
Dearborn County, IN

(Est. 1847)


1847: The distillery was founded on Turkey Hill.

1875: The plant was acquired by James Walsh & Co., whose main office was in Cincinnati.

1906:The plant was still being operated by James Walsh & Co. with a daily mashing capacity of of 5,000 bushels of grain, storage space for 60,000 barrel in its waregouses, four steel grain elevators holding 200,000 bushels, and two slop dryers that held 5,000 bushels of feed.

1932: Fire destroyed much of the plant.

1933: In September of this year, the distillery was acquired by Joseph E Seagram & Sons.

In 2001, the distillery was acquired by Pernod Ricard, and passed to Lawrenceburg Distillers Indiana, LLC. in 2007. In 2011, MGP became owners and have continued production until present day (2015).

Information from Mida's Compendium (1905), and The Whiskey Portal (July 7, 2015).

Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery



Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Rossville Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2021 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.