distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home

The Carlisle Distillery
RD #2, 7 th District
Franklin County, KY

The Carlisle was built alongside the OFC distillery (RD #113, 7th. Dist.) on the Kentucky River, about 1 mile north of Frankfort.

Both distilleries were owned by E H Taylor Jr. around 1869.

Taylor borrowed heavily from George T Stagg of Richmond to complete the work, but Stagg foreclosed and took control of the distilleries and E H Taylor brand name (Cecil, 1999)

Insurance underwriter records compiled in 1895 describe the distillery property as including cattle in pens and three warehouses, all brick with metal or slate roofs:
Warehouse A -- located 325 ft NE of the still.
Free Warehouse -- -- 200 ft NE of the still and adjoining A.
Warehouse B -- 400 ft north.

At that time, it was being operated by Geo. T Stagg Co., also as E H Taylor, Jr. Co.

From 1910 until Prohibition, the distillery was running as the Kentucky River distillery.

Aliases that this distillery's product was sold under
Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery

The Carlisle Distillery provided product that was sold under the following aliases:

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Carlisle Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2024 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.