Original artwork and Greeting cards
by JuliaJaneArt




<<  Previous    Next  >>



Below the line there is a Maltese cross outline at left and dose measures at right. The cross contains the word PARRY embossed both vertically and horizontally, sharing the middle "R".

The measure lines marked 1 through 4, with TABLE SPOONS printed vertically at their right.

The obverse of the glass also displays a set of measure lines labelled LADIES (lower), GENTLEMEN (middle) and a picture of a scrawny hog at top.

The base of the glass is embossed with WHERE / IS THE / BUGGY)

ID#: RRP3713

view of base from inside the glass
How do I buy this glass?
see details below
Glass Category:Commercial
Glass Type:Jelly glass
Label Type:Embossed
Dimensions:2-3/4" x 2-1/16" x 1-1/2"
Edmonson:Not listed
Parry Mfg.Co. listed from 1882-1930.

Parry Mfg.Co. was established in 1882 by David Maclean Parry and his brother Thomas H. Parry, who purchased C Spring Cart Co. of Rushville, IN. The new business manufactured road carts and buck-boards.

In 1884, the company moved to Indianapolis and merged with the Great Woodburn Savern Wheel Company to for the Parry Manufacturing Co., with D.M. Parry as President and T.H. Parry as General Supervisor of Manufacturing.

In 1888, St. Clair Parry jointed the firm as the Secretary & Treasurer, later becoming the President. Parry Manufacturing Company was producing 1,000 buggies & carts a day.

In 1890 the company began making four-wheeler vehicles, such as surreys, piano-box buggies, phaetons, buckboards, and spring wagons. The company manufacturing site includied 19 buildings covering 20 acres.

By 1896 there were over 2,800 employees and and had become the largest buggy manufacturer in the world.

In 1898, Edward R. Parry joined the company as Sales Manager, later becoming Vice President.

In 1901, Frank N. Fitzgerald and Lot D. Guffin (both son-in-laws of D.M. Parry) were on the Board.

In 1910, S.C. Parry was President, E.R. Parry was Vice President, L.D. Guffin was Treasurer and Abram Parry was Secretary.

Parry Manufacturing continued making buggies until 1916. By then the company's focus was automobile trailers and truck bodies.

In 1919, they merged with Martin to become Martin-Parry, still making truck bodies. General Motors acquired the Martin-Parry Co. in 1930 for $900,000.

Company name timeline:
Parry Mfg. Co.

Find out more about Parry Mfg.Co.

<<  Previous    Next  >>


<top of page


<<  Previous    Next  >>


This glass is shown for informational purposes only and is not for sale.

We MAY be able to find a glass like this for you, however.

Be warned, these glasses are rare antiques, around 100 years old. Prices typically range from $30 or so on the more common glasses (e.g., a Hayner or a Detrick) to $250+ on desirable picture glasses.

Please send a message expressing your interest using the comment box below -- and don't forget to include an e-mail address or we have no way of knowing who to reply to!

Re glass ID# RRP3713:

Copyright © 2002-2024  All rights reserved.